The Sharrow Family
We're nerds for plans. Where we going, why, how do we plan to get there, what will success look like? These are the types of questions that pepper our conversations both with each other and with friends. In 2010 as we anticipated the arrival of our first child, we spent hours applying those same question sets to ourselves through the lens of our family. What we arrived at was a "vision frame" for our family - principles that are hopefully durative, resilient and authentic both to who we are and who God desires for us to be. We're new at this, but we're excited to engage in this experiment together!
Mission (where we're going, what we're about): we resolve to be a family devoted to God and His mission together
Strategy (Key Rhythms/How we'll get there): follow the way, pursue the truth, enjoy the life and embody the love of Jesus
- Faith - Let God be God - Trust His ways, approach life with confident obedience
- Adventure - Enjoy the Journey - Pursue discovery and the fullness of life with joyful enthusiasm
- Simplicity - Keep the Ship Light - experience freedom and contentment from an identity in Christ
- Team - Put We Before Me - Do life together and build one another up in love
- Intentionality - Do it on Purpose! - Take the initiative to steward relationships, resources and opportunities
- Grace - Enter the Safety Zone - Choose goodwill and foster a culture of truth
Measure (what does success look like?): work in progress!
*based upon the Vision Frame concept from Mancini's Church Unique